Friday, June 4, 2010

Here we go...


My name is Anthony David Adams. I do a lot - there is plenty online if you want to know more.. but this isn't about me -- it's about the future of the gulf and the future of how we can work together to solve problems.

I had lunch with Bobby Chang (Incase) this week, and one of the things I brought up with him was "why aren't we crowd sourcing solutions to the gulf crisis".  It seemed that the biggest, most innovative companies over the last several years have been started by 20 something innovative students.. not to say age is an issue -- more to the point that innovation is coming from non-traditional places.

I then was sitting in the opening remarks of the Personal Democracy Forum, and heard the MC say something along the lines of "Crowdsourcing is great for lots of things, but not for things like the Gulf Crisis." He was neither an expert in crisis management, crowdsourcing, or oil rigs - so I didn't take his comment too seriously -- but it got a laugh of approval from the audience.

It reminded me of something my first angel investor and business partner Bowen Dwelle (CEO of AdMonsters.org) told me, that "When someone tells me something is impossible, I know right away they have no idea what the fuck they are talking about."

I had already sent a request out to Peter Shankman's HARO, and said, I'm looking for some solutions, some ideas from experts, amateurs, and everyone in between who has an idea for how we can solve this issue. So over the course of the day, I started to get dozens of ideas sent in. I felt that, if nothing else, this would be an outlet for discussion and at best, it could be a place for outside the box ideas which could serve as inspiration and innovation. (In a former life, I was a professional brainstormer with and F50 companies of which we often had no i would pay $20k for a 3 hour session for us to play with products and riff about new ways to use them. We'd come up with hundreds of ideas, and often dozens of them immediately went into a patent pipeline.)

So, here you are.. I'm going to start by posting each idea as a post. You can rate them, forward them around, etc. comment and vette them, etc. Read. Set. Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment